Sunday 13 November 2011

In a blink of the eye

I have`nt blogged about anything for some time now, allot has happened  since I last blogged but I was not sure how to write down everything and yet still keep my family protected as they are not bloggers themselves.
Wow I have only just blogged down my first sentence and reading it back to myself it sounds jumbled and a what is she talking about, but I am going to try and attempt to make some sense.

Starting back as far as September I joined a local choir something I have been wanting to do for a long time, I discovered the choir on the Internetr whilst I was in hospital for iv`s. I`v been going to the Gospel Choir since September once a week, it is fantastic the people are really lovely and welcoming. The music we sing is so uplifting and makes you feel good about everything for a while. I am also hopeing the singing will do my lungs some good and open up the airways.

I have been trying to get some  voluntary work in my local town area since May this year. I was thinking two mornings a week as a whole day would be exhausting. Aalthough I can`t offer much I would love to do something to give myself a feeling of self worth and a purpose in life that is not just existing with all the medical stuff. So far I have try ed four places with no luck, the first place a museum did take on volunteers but had 25 applicants for the one position, I am so surprised at how difficult it has been but it has made me even more determined to carry on looking.

My Dad had to go into hospital this September for heart surgery, he was really ill after surgery but is now recovering well he has been told when he fully recovers he will feel a new man, but not to expect to be able to run for miles if he could`ent to if before surgery.
With Dad still recovering Mum was also taken into hospital two weeks ago and needed surgery, it was terrifying seeing her in the ICUnit. I don`t want to go into detail but Mum is slowly recovering and I am so thankfull for all the staff that has and is still treating my Mum, without their care things would be so very different.

Now up to date the last two months has been very hard for all the family, I have had a really rattly chest on and off the last month but so hopeing oral antibiotic will keep things at bay although I no iv`s are really needed.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your family have been a bit poorly! Hope everyone including yourself is much better now! Take care and keep blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling better! It's crazy how difficult it can be to get a volunteering job you'd think they'd take as many people as possible! xx

    ReplyDelete