Wednesday 17 August 2011

Memories to treasure x

This weekend I went away with my best friend and her 3 sisters to Bath I truly had an amazing time. I went away unwell knowing that when I arrived home I would be repacking to go back into hospital, I felt so well whilst on IV`s but went straight down hill soon after finishing the course, I often wounder what I am doing wrong, to be out of hospital for two weeks than back in again is insane!
We left for Bath via train on the Friday morning so we would get there early and have some time to find are apartment in daylight.  The train journey was so very quick and much better than travelling by car, we had three train changes one being the London underground now that is always an experience. To my surprise we arrived in Bath by 1:30 as I thought the journey would be much longer. With the help of the good iPhone we followed the directions to are apartment, what a walk it was thought it was all up hill and I was not the only one struggling, by the time we arrived we were all very much exhausted. As we entered and looked around the apartment we were all lost for words it was stunning and decorated minimal but very modern, usually the pictures you see of where you will be staying are much better than the actual thing but this was the complete opposite the pictures did not do the place enough justice.
We stayed in an relaxed that evening as we were all very tired but Saturday we were up and out early to see the beautiful sights of Bath. I honestly have never been to a city so lovely the pale cream stone they use for all there buildings is so nice, the city is clean and you can see the people that live there take pride in where they live. We spent Saturday shopping and getting to know the place, it sounds crazy to come to a beautiful city and go shopping but they truly have amazing shops nothing like I have been to before, I brought a few Christmas prezzies from the Disney store I love this place and I like to get organised with Christmas early because I never no if I am going to be in hospital over November / December when I would have usually been sorting presents out.  That evening we went back to the apartment by bus this time had some dinner then back out for a drink in one of the local pubs to end a lovely day. Sunday we lad a lay in but when we aventually went out we visited the Roman Baths, you can`t go to Bath and not see this atraction as it is what makes Bath so beautiful and it is right in the centre of Bath`s city. We then went to the fashion museum it had the original costumes that actressess had worn in films, it had Kiera Knightleys dress from the Dutchess I could not get over how tiny her waist was for this dress. Orlando Blooms costume from the Pirates of the caribean and many more stars outfits. The museum also showed how fashion had changed over the years and I got to try a corset on. Monday was are day for coming home so we spent a few hours walking around Bath and along the river before getting the train home, we arrived back at 9:30 we were all so exhausted but what good memories we all have and although I never told the girls this they are just like sisters to me.
Tuesday morning I had a call from my CF nurse to say there was a bed for me so here I am back in hospital, unpacked and repacked fresh cloths in under half an hour that has to be a record for me. This weekend had given me treasured memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment