Saturday 30 July 2011

Rossetts all the way

Today started off with me having to make the effort to get ready and put my makeup on to hide the fact I was not feeling great especially having had temperatures in the night. I was supposed to be going out with my best friend for some retail therapy but she called to cancel at the last minute, she herself was not feeling all that fab. I decided having made the effort to get ready in nice cloths and a full face or makeup to go out myself to the nearest city centre, however whilst waiting for the bus I saw there was a dog show going on and saw family members selling jewelery there to. I found out it was a dog show for the local community run by the council for anyone to put their dog in any of the 9 categories. I rushed home as fast as humanly possible for me and got Opal she had had a bath the previous day so only needed a quick tidy. I entered her into 2 categories 1) The best condition, she came first for this and got a red rosette and a silver plate, I was so near to tears with happiness. 2) The best looking bitch, she came third for this and got a yellow rosette wow I was star struck that my little girl was behaving and doing so well with all these dogs around her many 4 times as big as her. Then at the end all dogs that received a red 1st rosette had to go back to the arena so about 30 in total, so up Opal and I trot their was 3 prizes for the best dog in show Opal and I came 3rd and received a cup, beautiful green rosette dog biscuits and a photo that will be in the paper. I can not remember a day that has been as good as this I am only now coming of cloud 9.
It was esppecailly nice having my family around to support me and made a good unexpected day out.
To top things of my Dad had a barbecue going when I arrived home bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment