Friday 8 July 2011

Sponsored hair cut

I have been known as the girl with the long hair for many years now, yes forget my name people outside my family refer to me as you know the girl with the long hair!
I have been trying to think of different ways to help raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis unit I attend, you would think this would be easy I have lots of ideas but putting them into actual practice has not been so straight forward.  This January I decided one way of raising money could be to have my long (sitting lengh) hair cut of into a very short pixie style cut, a full head shave would just be toooo much. So I had decide after the summer holiday would be the ideal time and give me the time needed to start fund raising. By some bizzar coincidence in March of this year my hair started falling out and after a month having passed by I had half the thick ness of hair left, I put this down to the high dosage of steroids I had after friends having had the same thing happen to them after steroids. In may this year I got up one morning and decided enough was enough and didn`t want to wait any longer for more hair just to fall out. On the 19th of May I went from having sitting length hair to my hair being no longer than 3 inches long, I thought I would have some regrets but I honestly think it was the best thing I have done in a long while and not a day has passed since where I miss my long locks, I did keep the long plate of hair as a reminder thou. Wednesday 6th July I handed a cheque for £250- to the CF unit :) smiles all round. Thinking cap on for what to do next, my brother has mentioned a sky dive but I might have to watch him fall thousands of feet from a plane not my idea of fun, I would probably pass out with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment